Monday, September 25, 2006

NETT News--Greylock, Peterborough, Colby

Another great weekend of racing news for the NETT Coyotes.
Since I'm such an arrogant f--k, I'll start with my own experience out at the Greylock Marathon. It was only the second time the race has been held (first in 1998) and though I wasn't in tip-top shape, I figured who knows when this will happen again, right? WTF. I did it. The course was listed as having 6000 feet of elevation an even though I did review the course map and elevation profile, it just didn't hit me that most of that is in the first two-thirds of the race. It was pretty much non-stop--climb 1000 feet, drop back down. Repeat. Anyways, some hardy souls met the challenge and out of the 76 that entered all but two finished. Official results posted here.
Wanna see the definition of "train wreck" then click here


Here's a great photo of Kenny Clarke to show what the course was like!

To read a great story about it in the Berkshire Eagle, click here.


Elsewhere in NETTland, Paul had a busy weekend of racing. On Saturday Paul took 3rd place in the Peterborough, N.H.- Harvest 5-miler in 29:43. As a bonus, he got to chat a bit with the esteemed Bill Rogers before registration (for the record, he kicked Bill's arse!)


No comments: