The First Annual Joe and Dave's Homegrown Backyard Marathon, of course! An instant classic NETT event.
A few facts about the JDHBM:
- Wheel measured? Yup, courtesy of the Redneck 5000!
- Aid stations? Yup. More than you'd need?
- Shuttle service? Yes, runners were shuttled from the finish to the start to let them run the first or second half if they so chose.
- Spectators? Yes. Well, at least two of Joe's family were nice enough to come out and watch us run by!
- Finish line? You bet.
- Post-race party? Yup, pizza with family members and Paddler Steve.
It was a really really fun run and perfect for NETT. We all owe a huge thanks to Joe for putting so much effort into this thing. Seriously.
Here's the results:
Full marathon finishers:
Joe, Jason, YP, Tom, and Crazy Dave
First half finishers:
Brodie, Slava, JD and Andy
Second half finishers:
A bit of both:
Purple Heart Award: Jason
Best Stunt Man Impression: Ilya
Best Bucky Goldstein Impression at Horsehendge: JD
Most Mileage Run: YP (of course, he ran extra before and probably after the run)
Best Comeback Run: Andy--great to see him out there.
Best Impression of a Lion Pacing the Cage: Tom
Bloodiest Shirt: Dave
Best Video: Patrick
Thanks to everyone who came out for the run and post-run party. It was really NETT at its best. Low-key, impressive, and family-friendly.