Monday, February 11, 2008

Ponies play at Frosty's Dash

At the Frosty's Dash 5K Snowshoe race in Atkinson, NH, another NETTer got his snowshoeing baptism. Janos "The Hungarian Landshark" tooks to the snow like a shark to water--or something like that. In his first race on the big shoes, he finished 7th (? results not yet posted) in a strong 21:54.

"I enjoyed my first race, but found it much tougher than I thought," Janos said afterward. "I went out fairly hard, because I figured it was going to be a short race. But between the hills, and the traction, and the effects from the Bradford race the day before [A romantic shark at heart, Janos ran a 31:48 at the Bradford Valentines Day race on Saturday] I found it tough to maintain a high rate of speed."

Doris made a good showing at Frostys to support the cause (it was a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) and completed it with flying colors! (She's no novice, having done several snowshoe events in the past, including one where she beat Dave!)And Crazy Dave finished up fourth at Frosty's Dash in 20:20.

No comments: