Friday, December 11, 2015

YP Takes the TARC Winter Crown, Bob Grabs an Age Group Podium

Big Congrats to Young Patrick who ran away with the 40-mile TARC Fells Trail Ultra Winter trail race last weekend.

The race, which was founded by NETT's own Bogie D, does laps of the Fells Skyline trail and runners can do laps either clockwise or counterclockwise. As a result, runners don't have a great sense for what place they might be in during the race. YP said he wasn't sure how close he was to second place. Well, it turns out he had a full 24 minute lead by the end of the race.
See the full results here.


YP wasn't the only one who had a good race weekend, too. Bobblehead Bob had his own success. Here's his report:

"On a whim I registered for the Cambridge Winter Classic 5K on Saturday last minute and jogged over from my home in Somerville to the race at Central Square on Sunday morning. Nice crisp, bright day and saw several familiar faces.

It was my first 5K road race since January 1st, the hip injury in the marathon, etc. so I wanted to get a baseline to see where I was fitness-wise before I run Walter's Race next Sunday December 13. I had been doing some track work outdoors and indoors lately trying to regain more of my speed, so I wanted to see if that work had made any impact on my fast twitch muscles.

Well, there were a couple of surprises.

The first was that they made a mistake marking off the course, so it turned out to be almost 3.5 miles instead of 3.1. So, my initial dismay at my time was tempered when the actual, longer distance on my Garmin matched other runner's measurements and ultimately the race officials'.

The second surprise was that I came in third out of 47 runners in the 60+ category!

Slava --- who at 39 is at the top of his age group --- was there too and ran a blistering pace to finish in the top 20 out of 450 runners in his age group!"
Full results here:

https://my.racewire.com/result/7013246

Congrats Bob!

No comments: