Sunday, May 04, 2014

Bob Runs For Cookies at Blue Hills Trail Race

We got a great report from Bob Segal after his busy April, including defending his title at the Blue Hills Foxtrot. Here's his report:

"On April 19, I took a quick break while visiting family in CT to run a 10K road race near the Hartford-area airport about 20 minutes from my sister's home:\It started at 8 a.m. and was a flat, fast course that I ran in 45:41. I was back home with my first place medal before most of the household had even got out of bed! I haven't run that many 10K road races so that was a PR for me, but it also qualified me for the All American standard, which is not a huge deal but kinda fun anyway (http://www.nationalmastersnews.com/aa_rr_m.htm).

On April 27, I returned to Blue Hills for the second year to "defend my title" at the 10-mile Foxtrot trail race on a cold, wet morning on trails full of jagged slippery rocks. But I ran 6 minutes faster than last year in 1:29.17 to win my age group again against some pretty good competition. I had quite a battle with the second place guy in particular.The photo shows me with my first place prize: homemade chocolate chip cookies made by the race director's wife!"

Congrats Bob!

No comments: