Monday, June 11, 2007

Dmitry takes Lincoln, Mingori wins first master's title, Burney 5Ks at Concord


Just a quick review of NETT results this past weekend:

Although official results not available yet, early word has it that Dmitry Drozdov won the Lincoln Steeplechase trail run yesterday in 37:56ish.

Newly-minted master Dave Mingori ran the Worcester Firefighter's 6K and finished as the first master in 20:30 and 14th overall. "I was 20 seconds slower than last year, but I kinda expected that," Dave says. We can expect many more master's wins from this guy!

And Extra-Irish Dave Burney finished in the top half of the Emerson 5K in Concord, dipping just under 8 minute pace. Nice work!

Meanwhile, on Saturday, the NETT multisport racers followed through on a multi-brick workout out at Jerry's house despite torrential rains. Reports are that everyone came through safely, but pretty wet. (I, for one, was greatly relieved to see dark clouds when I woke up so I could completely wuss out with a semi-legit excuse of "Oh, I don't have the raingear to cycle in the rain").

A few others--me, Frank KJ, Adrienne and Bartels had a very nice leisurely run on the trails in Lincoln Sunday AM under clear skies and sun/

No comments: