Friday, February 12, 2010

Submission #2 from Jerry

This one goes well to the tune of "Graceland" by Paul Simon.


The Massachusetts forecast was calling for heavy snow.
I am weaving along the city streets towards the campus of MIT.

I'm going to track, track – down at MIT – I'm going to track.
NETTers, GBTCers, all runners with OCD, and we are going to track.
My traveling companion is Crazy. He longs to be in the Castleton Hall of Fame.
I've paid dues and like to blow out the tubes so I believe we both will be received at indoor track.

Bruce Bond writes out the workout.
As if I didn't know that. As if I didn't know what he said.
As if I never noticed the sweat on my forehead.
Bruce said 200 meter ovals is like a burning in your quads.
Everybody sees you're running fast.
Everybody sees you're working hard.

I'm going to track, track – down at MIT – I'm going to track.
Geno, Eri, Jack, Crazy and me, and we are going to track.
And my running companions are NETTers and GBTCers.
I'm looking at their sweaty backs.
But this is expected so we all will be received in track.

There is the select group from NETT, and we look at the splits we are running.
And sometimes when we’re running – 3K pace or LT – whatever the tempo, I say Whoa, so this is what Bruce means.
He means we’re training to get to race land.
And I see track is like a burning in your quads.
Everybody sees you're running fast.
Everybody feels you're working hard.

Indoor track, track, I'm going to indoor track.
For reasons I cannot explain, there's some part of me wants to see the 200 meter oval.
And I may be obliged to sprint on cold Wednesday nights again and again.
Or maybe there's no obligation since I’m more of a cyclist now.
Nevertheless, I've a reason to believe we all will be received at track.

Whoa, indoor track, indoor track.
I'm going to MIT track.
I'm going to MIT track.

No comments: