Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chris Tackles Soapstone Again

Smitty took a trip down to CT last weekend to take another shot at a race that has become his nemesis in recent years. Here's his report:

"Today I ran the Soapstone Mountain Trail Race and I always wondered how I would fair if I got a clean look at THE HILL early in the race. I always get stuck behind someone and I hate to force my way by them especially where I am not much of a down hiller they pass me on the back side then I look like a total jerk.

This year, I went out at a good pace and was surprised I was feeling pretty good after expending so much energy yesterday. I hit the big hill in the lead and was up and over and done with the down hill before I got reeled in. About halfway I started feeling Saturday's race in my legs then I took a wrong turn, not too bad before I figured it out and back tracked back on course but fatigue set in quick and the second half of the race was not so pretty.

I took a tumble on the second half and I must say even in my fatigued state I executed a perfect tuck and roll right back up onto my feet. Some cuts and a dirty NETT singlet but that's trail running."

3 comments:

Frank said...

Pain is temporary...

Mary said...

Fluff is forever!!

Mary said...

How many times has Chris run this race....and how many times has he 'taken a wrong turn'?!?!