Sunday, October 21, 2012

Big Congrats to Eri and Bridget

Big congrats to Eri for finishing the Baystate Marathon this weekend in an impressive 3:42. Not bad for a guy who's been immersed in medical school for the past few months! Here's his report:

"I was supposed to run the race with my friend Alex, but unfortunately he got sick last week and he couldn't make it to the race! A few weeks before the race he insisted on staying in a hotel around the area so we booked one in Lowell. Well since he didn't come I enjoyed the whole room to myself!

The race was great, I loved the course, and it is a great time of the year to do it since the colors are gorgeous. I kept a nice 8 min/mile pace for the first 20 miles and then the pain hit me! it started with my feet and progressed to my legs. My breathing was not the problem, my muscles just gave up on me (no cramping but a lot of pain!). I slowed down to around 9 minute pace, and the last 2 miles were VERY hard, I think I did 9:40 pace. But heck I finished it without any injury (I think). I blame my anatomy course for bonking at mile 20, took way to much of my time."

Big congrats Eri!

And another big congratulations to Bridget Chamberas for finishing her first half marathon at Baystate as well. You pretty much can't be a member of that family and not be a runner! Great stuff.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

When I read the "Congratulations Eri and Bridget" headline I thought that perhaps they'd eloped. It's probably a good thing that you were referring to their respective races :)