Monday, June 13, 2011

Quick Recap of Lincoln Steeplechase, Exeter Trail Race

Several NETT members hit the trails this weekend. On Sunday it was the Lincoln Steeplechase 6.7 mile trail run on our "home turf." Here's the news from Frank:

"I haven't seen the results yet but as I recall Chris Smith ran 41:50 for 6th overall, I was 44:40 for 15th, Dave Molk ran with a friend in 47-48, and Marshall was 48 and change. Marshall won his age group, but by mistake they gave it to someone else. They probably didn't think anyone over 60 could run under 50 minutes on that course! (NETT pal and multiple winner of the Thomas Chamberas 6K Race) Ryan Carera won in 38:32 or something like that actually quite a lot of runners considering the weather. Paul Young, Tina and Emma were on hand to cheer. My wet muddy shoes are on the porch optimistically waiting for the sun to return."

Thanks Frank. Dave Molk's run at Lincoln was actually his second of the day! Earlier on Sunday, he was up in Exeter, NH for The Exeter Trail Races . Here's his report:

"I felt really strong on this one. It was cold and wet (read slippery, especially the wooden bridges) but I went out hard and basically stayed in 13th for most of the race. I tucked behind a guy I thought was Scott Livingston from the Shenipsit Striders (who I know is fast) and passed a guy with him towards the end but couldn't get past him too. After finishing 12th, I discovered that the guy I was behind was in fact not Scott, but had still beaten me in other races this season, so still fast.

The Lincoln Steeple Chase got a bit uncomfortable after 15 minutes or so but my friend and I gritted it out. Chris and Frank both looked good (at least at the start, as I didn't see them after that. Marshall was a class act as always. Strong cheering by Paul, Tina, and Emma."

Great show of support out there folks!

No comments: