Monday, August 13, 2007

DaveB puts another Falmouth in the books

Dave Bartel made his semi-annual pilgramage to the Falmouth Road Race again this weekend to fight the usual cape crowds, heat exhaustion and other fun maladies. Here's his race report:

"First 2-3 miles came easier than expected through the hills at 7:49, 7:38, 7:55.
I picked up a side stitch around 3 miles and the brutal heat of Shore Drive (long and straight along the ocean) was tough and I definitely could feel I was losing it. 8:10. Uh oh. I gotta hang in there and finish this thing....8:13, 8:16
Very bad side stitch after the 10k mark. Holding my side. Up over the last insult-to-injury hill was extremely hard, finished off with satisfaction that I completed yet another Falmouth Road Race regardless of time."

"Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years"

No comments: