Monday, August 06, 2007

Dmitry 7th at Top Notch Tri

Dmitry D finished 7th overall in the Top Notch Triathlon in 1:16. He had the 3rd fastest run split up the mountain and a solid mtn bike leg.

Here's some perspective on Dmitry's performance from Paul Young, who's done the Top Notch Tri several times:

"Dmitry managed to beat my best time by a few ticks of the clock. I think best time was 1:16:40 set in 2004. Jerry De Zutter is a former two-time champion at Top Notch, as well as the former course record holder has I think a 1:11 time? You can check with "the tick" as to his official time."

For his part, Paul ran in the Irish Pub 5.25 mile road race in Harwich over the weekend, and says "I managed to squeak under 6 minute pace working with a couple of high schoolers. It was a nice event with 800-900 runners and lots of "free beer" afterwards. I had to pack my ankle in ice to bring down the swelling and to add insult to injury did not even place in the masters competition even clocking a top 10 finsih."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kris Freeman is one of the best xc skiers in the country so it's no shame losing to him.